THE Black Knights are back in the fight.

Two wins at the weekend have put Knutsford Hockey Club's men in the promotion hunt.

They will head to lowly Lymm on Saturday having moved into second place with six games remaining in North Hockey League West Division Two.

Knutsford are yet to play return fixtures against the bottom four and their top-three rivals.

They entertained Alderley Edge seconds at home on Saturday and while they didn’t play their best hockey of the term, they were always the stronger of the two teams and fully deserved their 3-1 victory.

They took the lead early on when Graeme Wolfenden stepped up with a trademark flick from a short corner.

Knutsford were able to keep Alderley Edge at bay for the majority of the first half, and about 20 minutes in they got their second, a rare goal for stalwart Stuart Kenyon who was able to scramble the ball home from close range following good work in the D from Cameron Geimer and Keelan Sherwani.

The second half was much the same as the first, with Knutsford breaking freely and controlling the game.

However, they conceded 10 minutes into the second half when Alderley Edge scrambled the ball home from close range.

This buoyed the away side and they were looking to attack more freely.

As a result they left gaps and with five minutes to go Knutsford got their third and put the game to the sword.

A quick out ball from Gary Brown found Sherwani, who picked the ball up in his own half and ran round four defenders before getting into the D and slotting the ball into the bottom corner.

On Sunday Knutsford entertained Didsbury Northern in a rearranged fixture, and there were understandably some tired legs on display.

Knutsford took the lead within the first 15 minutes when, after some good work from Geimer, the ball made its way to Jonny Price at the back post and he pushed the ball into an empty net.

After a goalmouth scramble Didsbury were able to edge the ball home to level it up

It didn’t take long for Knutsford to restore their advantage however, with Kieran Puetz making his way forward and following good interplay between him and Sherwani he slotted home calmly.

Didsbury levelled matters in the second half but with 15 minutes to play Matt Kennerley-Ryan found Price at the far post and he fired the ball into the vacant goal.