WILMSLOW Hockey Club men’s first team drew 3-3 with Sheffield’s premier side at Oakwood Farm.

The men in orange were on top for most of the game but were left to rue multiple chances as they lost ground on the leaders at the top of North Division One.

After a positive start from Wilmslow, Sheffield Hallam took the lead against the run of play from a short corner.

Wilmslow responded quickly when David Boddy arrived at the back post to tap in from Joe Booth’s ball across the D.

Shortly afterwards, Simon Swatland made a solo break down the left hand side and pulled the ball across the D for Booth to fire high into the corner to give Wilmslow a lead ahead of half time.

Wilmslow continued their dominance into the second half and extended their lead when Swatland combined with Andy Hunt to set Booth up for his second goal.

However, Sheffield regrouped and grew back into the game and halved the deficit with a breakaway goal.

The game opened up and Wilmslow created multiple good chances to finish the game off and secure a win but couldn’t find their lethal touch in the D.

Sheffield took advantage of this to draw level and Wilmslow managed to withhold some pressure in the last two minutes to come away with a draw when a win would have been a better reflection of the game.

In other games, the men’s seconds returned to form with a most convincing 5-3 win at Lancaster University’s firsts.

The thirds hit top gear with a 4-0 win against Deeside’s fourths to exit the relegation zone.

It was a different story for the men’s fifths though. They were the only Wilmslow team to lose, going down 11-1 to Leigh’s seconds.

Frozen pitches caused some women’s matches to be called off.

However the seconds turned on the style with a 5-0 thrashing of Crewe Vagrants’ seconds.

Jenna Mapes scored twice and Di Law, Tracey Moir and Nicole Mellor also netted.

The fourths are now clear at the top of the table and beat Lymm’s fourths 4-2 with goals from Penny Sparrow, two, Layla Webb and Sam van Dellen.