WILMSLOW Hockey Club women's team's stunning unbeaten league run remains intact after a draw with Alderley Edge's seconds.

A win was on the cards until Wilmslow, missing their two main strikers, conceded a late leveller, but the one point sees the side host Sale on Saturday with a record of having not lost in 33 league games over a 21-month spell.

Newcomer Danni Harvey excellently found the corner and opened the scoring for Wilmslow within four minutes of the North Division Two encounter.

Edge, promoted at the end of last season, were back in it with an equaliser before half-time.

Wilmslow thought they had taken all the points six minutes from time when Hannah Coulson and Harvey exchanged passes leading into the final third. Coulson’s first shot was well parried however she latched on to the rebound and slotted it underneath the keeper.

But from a late penalty corner, after an initial breakdown, an Alderley player grabbed a final touch and convert.

Alderley Edge women's first team put a frustrating home loss against University of Leeds behind them when they won 3-0 at University of Durhamin the North Premier League.

A superb hat-trick from player-of-the-match Annie Hebb capitalised on Edge’s domination of the game.

Alderley Edge men's first team made their National League debut at Preston in the North Conference.

Staying resolute against determined opposition, they made a fairytale start and secured a 2-1 win.

Some fine work from Billy Hedley fed James Warburton in the circle who then passed to Sam Gregory on the far post to put Edge ahead after nine minutes.

Preston equalised in the opening minutes of the second half from a penalty flick but Edge came straight back and, after a flowing move, Angus McCormick drove into the circle before firing the ball at James Warburton, who scored from close range.

Wilmslow's men fell 5-1 at Chapeltown that, despite the scoreline, was an even game.

Clinical finishing was the difference

The visitors edged a tight first half and took the lead when Matt Westbrook slotted home a penalty flick after David Boddy had been brought down by the goalkeeper with the goal at his mercy.

The gap between the teams should have been wider as the men in orange squandered three good chances to extend their advantage.

Chapeltown edged in front in the second period and as the game got stretched the hosts extended their advantage with three quickfire goals in a nightmare final five minutes for Wilmslow.