HANNAH Coulson netted twice as Wilmslow Hockey Club women’s team defeated Bolton 5-1.

Wilmslow gradually established superiority and following a short corner Ruth Walters tipped the ball home to open the scoring.

Energetic Coulson, returning from injury and a menace to Bolton with her wing play, soon made it 2-0.

Skipper Charlotte Kelman was at her best with a number of drives from deep in defence and one of her accurate passes from defence found Lindsay Rachubka up front with only the goalie to beat. Initially checked, she then swept in to make it 3-0 at half time.

The Tangerines continued with the pressure after the break and following a penalty corner a Bolton defender conceded a penalty stroke. Kelman stepped up to make it 4-0.

The game slowed down in intensity and Bolton’s time on the ball was rewarded with a goal from a penalty corner.

In the later stages the home side reaffirmed their domination with the industry of Carla Botha, the incisiveness of Rachubka and the pace of Coulson.

An attack by Coulson and an excellent reverse stick shot brought the fifth and final goal.

The seconds drew at Golborne to stay second in their league, while the thirds put in one of their best performances to beat Triton 3-0 at home and the fourths drew 0-0 with Triton to keep up their chase for promotion.

A depleted Wilmslow men’s team suffered only their second loss in 13 matches when they fell 6-3 at table toppers Lindum, who opened the scoring with the first attack of the game and added another shortly after from a short corner.

Gutsy Wilmslow hit back with a goal on the counter attack as Andy Hunt tapped the ball over the line from a Pete Hallinan deflection. Robin Cooper brought Wilmslow level shortly after with a drag flick.

Wilmslow started the second half well and a fast counter started by Sam Dawson and Cooper finished with Hallinan cutting in to slide the ball in at the near post.

Lindum levelled the scores with a deflection and took the lead shortly after with another deflection, this time from a long ball into the D.

Lindum stretched their lead when Wilmslow’s man of the match Bas Steffens was obstructed by the umpire when attempting to tackle in the D and the ball was lifted high into the top corner. A third goal from a deflection completed the scoring.

The fourths beat Alderley Edge’s sevenths 17-0, with Livesley, scoring five, and Dukes, netting four in the team's record win.