AN intrepid walker has retraced a feat he first tackled when he was a schoolboy.

When he was 17, Bill Ollier joined 50,000 young people to trek 30 miles across London for Oxfam.

Their epic fundraiser was filmed by Pathe News as it was so unusual for young people to come together for such a challenging charity event.

READ > Nisha Katona quashes fears over £500k Mowgli loss

The Goostrey villager once again joined the same three friends to relive the pioneering marathon.

Knutsford Guardian: Bill Ollier first did the walk when he was 17Bill Ollier first did the walk when he was 17 (Image: Supplied)

The four men, now 71, live in different parts of the UK and California.

Bill, Keith Randle, Peter Guy Jackson and Ian Griffin teamed up to relive the journey from Amersham to Wembley.

But unlike in 1969 there was no free pop concert when they arrived at their destination.

Instead, they were greeted by Oxfam staff and their achievement was captured by a film crew from the charity that had followed them on their two-day trek.

The friends have raised more than £4,000 for Oxfam's Gaza crisis appeal.

Their fundraising page is still open.

Anyone who wishes to support the walkers can visit

Knutsford Guardian: Friends, from left, Keith Randle, Ian Griffiths, Peter Guy Jackson and Bill Ollier reach Wembley to complete their goalFriends, from left, Keith Randle, Ian Griffiths, Peter Guy Jackson and Bill Ollier reach Wembley to complete their goal (Image: Oxfam)

In 1969, the boys were pupils at Crewe County Grammar School for Boys, now Ruskin Community School.

The idea back then was to complete the walk in one day.

This year, they decided to do it over two days and replace the roundabout where they slept all those years ago with a hotel room.

Bill said: “We are delighted to have finished the walk again.

“This time we did it in the wet as opposed to the baking hot temperatures in 1969 and because we got lost on a couple of occasions, we ended up walking 33 miles in total.

“We would particularly like to thank the wonderful film crew from Oxfam HQ who filmed us over the two days - when we became lost, and who stuck with us in both moments of joy, all the laughs and occasional chaos.

“After reaching the stadium we walked another 15 minutes to Wembley Oxfam shop where we were welcomed by people from Oxfam and given refreshments.

“All lovely people at the end of a great couple of days where we relived what we did in 1969 as teenagers and thankfully lived to tell the tale again.”