A BURGLAR has been jailed after stealing thousands of pounds worth of items from homes in Wilmslow.

Lee Jones was sentenced to almost five years when he appeared at Chester Crown Court on Friday (September 8).

It comes after the 46-year-old pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary and three counts of fraud by false representation.

Following the sentencing, PC Ben Dickinson of Eastern CID said: “While there is a financial impact of burglary, there is also an emotional impact to consider. Everyone deserves the right to feel safe in their own homes.

“Thankfully, we were able to locate and arrest Jones and he is now being held accountable for his actions.

“I hope that his conviction provides reassurance to residents in the Wilmslow area and serves as a reminder that we will do everything we can to stop people who try to commit crimes in Cheshire.”

ALSO READ: Machete-wielding robbers attack man on way home from night out

Jones, of Waterside in Marple, first targeted a property in Lacey Green, Wilmslow, stealing hundreds of pounds worth of items.

Shortly before 4pm on Tuesday (April 25) a resident of the property received an alert from his Ring CCTV camera showing a man, later identified as Jones, carrying a brick in his rear garden.

Jones then went off camera, at which point a loud smash was heard.

Two minutes later, Jones left the property with a jewellery box through the patio door and CCTV captured him wearing a mask, woolly hat, dark jacket, dark trousers and trainers.

He was then spotted on CCTV wearing the same clothing, other than a different hat, the following day, when he targeted an address in the Wilmslow Park area.

Residents returned home at 4.15pm to find a door had been smashed and numerous items stolen, worth thousands of pounds.

Later that day, Jones attempted to use bank cards stolen from the property in Stockport, but these transactions were not successful.

However, a second bank card was used fraudulently on Friday (May 12), totalling hundreds of pounds.

On Wednesday (June 7), Cheshire Police conducted a warrant in partnership Greater Manchester Police at an address in Stockport and Jones was arrested, as items of clothing matching the CCTV were found by officers.

In total, Jones was sentenced to 1,808 days, just over four years and 11 months.