A TOASTER is believed to have caused a kitchen fire at a house in Knutsford.

Firefighters were called to a property on Northfields shortly before 9am on Sunday.

A fire had spread to the boiler.

READ > Former water tower near Knutsford up for sale at around £600k

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

A large fan was used to ventilate the area.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews attended a kitchen fire that was believed to have been caused by a toaster, spreading to the boiler.”

Crews were at the scene for around one hour.

One fire engine from Knutsford and one from Lymm dealt with the incident.