FOR the second time this season, Knutsford Football Club are looking for a new manager.

Club chairman Jimmy Evans confirmed that Nathan Steele had resigned from his post after just over four months in charge following another defeat.

This comes following a 7-2 home loss at the hands of Greenalls Padgate St Oswalds at the weekend, which was their 20th loss in 26 league games so far this season.

Steele has become the second manager to leave Knutsford this season following the resignation of Nick Eaton in September, whose last game – coincidentally – was also a defeat against Greenalls.

Steele, who has previously managed the likes of Styal, Mersey Valley and Old Stretfordians, only won two of his 15 league games in charge.

He leaves the club in 17th place in the Cheshire Football League Premier Division and just one point ahead of bottom club Daten FC, who have six games in hand on them.

What would turn out to be his final match did not start off well as Knutsford fell behind after only two minutes following some poor defending.

They did level the game up 10 minutes later after a cross from Clevon Beadle was headed down by Shackeel Depeiaza into the path of Markell Bennett, who turned and smashed the ball home from inside the six-yard box.

However, they fell behind again just two minutes later after the visitors cut through the defence and made it 2-1.

Five minutes before half-time, another defensive mistake – this time from a corner – led to Greenalls’ third.

In the second half, the floodgates well and truly opened with two goals in the space of five minutes.

A through ball sliced the defence apart, leading to a simple finish for 4-1 on 55 minutes and the game was well and truly put beyond the home side’s reach with a fifth goal from a pull back.

Knutsford were able to grab what would ultimately prove to be a consolation goal when substitutes Dwayne Greenwood and Elvis Omorogbe combined on 67 minutes, and the latter chipped the goalkeeper to reduce the deficit.

But a deflected free-kick on 76 minutes which deceived goalkeeper Thomas Evans put paid to any lingering hopes they might have had.

The scoring was rounded off when a quick one-two led to Greenall’s seventh goal of the afternoon to compound Knutsford’s misery.

Reds’ next fixture sees them travel to Winstanley Warriors on Saturday.