WHEN Knutsford FC host Daten on Saturday, it will be a battle of the bottom two.

Reds are two points better off but have played two more games, and will see the Cheshire Football League Premier Division encounter, kick-off 2pm, as a 'must win'.

They go into it on the back of a disappointing 2-1 home defeat to sixth-placed Congleton Reserves at the weekend.

Nathan Steele's new-look side, one which included three changes, made a good start but they currently have issues scoring goals.

And they gifted two goals through defensive mistakes against a workmanlike Congleton outfit.

For a period, Knutsford played some fluent fast football but failed to convert good chances on a day when there was little to separate the sides.

Reds were on the front foot for the opening 30 minutes, popping the ball off and playing good football.

Had Nathan Barry converted a gilt-edged chance in the first minute, the game may have been different and Knutsford may not have extended their run without a league win to seven matches.

But after a good move Barry, free on goal, blasted over the crossbar.

Knutsford, who looked less assured at the back than in previous weeks, did not take advantage in wide areas and forwards Barry and Andrew Crompton lacked the pace to get away from their defenders.

Martyn White came to the rescue with several good saves.

Then four minutes into the second half, following a mistake by Adrian Barnett, Congleton hit the front from a great strike following a nice passage of play but a gifted chance. 0-1

After a sustained period of pressure, the visitors scored a well-deserved second from another defensive error.

Reds had a hill to climb and created little as Congleton lifted their performance levels.

George Riley in midfield and Tyler Shaw at centre half worked hard with little reward as Congleton went on the front foot

When it looked like there was only one winner, after some excellent play, Bennett was fouled inside the box.

There was no chance of the keeper saving George Riley's excllently taken spot kick in the 87th minute.

But it proved to be too little too late, and another defeat for the men from Manchester Road.

Knutsford: White, Beard (Depeiaza), Omorogbe (Watkin), Barnett, Shaw, Riley, Blair, Bennett, Beadle (Reed), Barry, (Naylor), Crompton (Geary).