KNUTSFORD FC will play under their new manager for the first time on Saturday.

Nathan Steele – formerly in charge of neighbours Styal – will take charge of his first Reds game when he takes his side to Poulton Vics in the Cheshire FA Amateur Cup second round.

The new boss comes from a strong footballing family – his father Dalton managed extensively throughout the non-league pyramid while his cousin Kasey Palmer currently plays for Championship side Bristol City.

As well as Styal, Steele has also managed Mersey Valley and Old Stretfordians after a playing career that started at Oldham Athletic and took him to the likes of Altrincham, Droylsden and Winsford United among others.

Steele watched on as interim boss Andy Hurst took charge of Reds’ 2-2 draw with Winstanley Warriors at Manchester Road on Saturday as a late equaliser denied them what would have been a precious victory.

With five players out injured, Hurst gave a debut to Harry Sheridan at right back as both sides struggled for moments of quality early on.

Joe Holt was looking the most threatening for Reds, with Harry Lambert also having a header saved by the Winstanley goalkeeper.

The visitors were looking a little sharper in attack, however, and they took the lead on the stroke of half time thanks to a helping hand from their hosts.

From a free kick inside their opponents’ half, Knutsford surrendered possession and from the resulting counter-attack, Alex Lingard broke free and curled a shot beyond Martyn White in the Reds goal.

Having brought on Kade Hargreaves at half time, Knutsford went on the offensive as they sought an equaliser.

Holt had a goal ruled out for offside, but he was not to be denied 13 minutes from time.

Chris Allen managed to get a long ball away despite being fouled and Holt reacted to it first, beating the keeper to the ball and tapping home.

With five minutes remaining, Knutsford hit the front after the Winstanley goalkeeper misjudged a long ball forward to allow Hargreaves to steal in and score.

However, the lead lasted just two minutes as White conceded a penalty after being adjudged to have fouled the Warriors attacker as the visitors piled forward.

The Reds stopper got his hand to the spot kick, but could not keep it out.