A LOCAL artist has donated two images of Knutsford to help the town recover from the pandemic.

The beautiful drawings will be sold to raise money for community group We Are Knutsford to develop future town initiatives.

The images of Minshull Street and King Street are aimed at encouraging residents to shop local and to ‘love where you live'.

Bex Hassett of Bexy Boo, said: “I drew the first one as a reaction to the first lockdown and it really seemed to resonate with people.

"The Minshull Street image was done more recently and each time I posted it on social media, I was asked ‘where can I buy this?’

"After speaking to We Are Knutsford and getting some local retailers on board, we are selling them.

"This is a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness of our local high street, support local shops and simply wrap our arms around our wonderful town."

READ > Goostrey racing motorcyclist dreams of hat trick triumph

Claire Sawyer, of We Are Knutsford, said: “This is such a lovely gesture from Bexy Boo.The illustrations are delightful and are a great memento of these unprecedented times.

"We look forward to utilising any funds raised to help with our future town centre initiatives”

The illustrations will be available as postcards (£6 for a pack of 6 or £1 per card), A4 (£10) and A3 (£12) from Mr Simms, Plastic Free Weigh (Knutsford Market Hall), Cheshire Quality, The Tea Room and Techno Type.

We are Knutsford will receive 75 per cent from each sale to support future high street and community initiatives. The remaining 25 per cent will cover print and delivery costs at Bexy Boo's which has not received any government aid during the pandemic.

All profits will go to We Are Knutsford, a community group set up in March 2020 to support Knutsford during the pandemic.

It offers prescription collections, shopping and telephone support services to the community.