A BIRD'S nest was found caught up in a chimney fire at a Knutsford property on Wednesday.

One fire engine attended the scene in Goughs Lane at 4.38pm, where there was no sign of smoke on arrival.

Firefighters isolated the gas supply to the property before checking the hearth with a thermal imaging camera.

They then removed the boarding from the fireplace and used water to extinguish a small fire involving a bird's nest.

The chimney cowl was removed using a short extension ladder so that it could be fully inspected by firefighters.

READ > 'Heartwarming' backing for Knutsford businesses as they reopen

Once they were satisfied that the property was safe they handed the incident over to its owner.

Firefighters were in attendance for more than an hour.

For tips on avoiding a chimney fire visit cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/chimneys