AN electrical fault is believed to have caused a fire at a property in Upcast Lane, Alderley Edge, yesterday (Thursday).

Firefighters from Wilmslow and Knutsford were called at 12.43pm, and on arrival the crews discovered that a smoke alarm was sounding as a result of a fire in a ground floor bedroom.

The alarm had alerted people of the fire, and no-one was unaccounted for when the firefighters arrived.

Knutsford Guardian:

Picture from Knutsford Fire Station via Facebook

The electricity supply to the property was isolated and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building.

They used an extended hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, and a safety jet was set up.

Once the fire was out firefighters used a large fan to clear smoke from the property.

READ>> Wilmslow dancers photographed for lockdown charity project

They also damped down the area affected by the fire and removed burnt items from the building.

Firefighters were in attendance for nearly four hours, and the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.