A GYM and leisure complex in Wilmslow Way, Handforth, was evacuated briefly this morning (Thursday) following reports of a small leak from a computer server battery.

Members and staff were evacuated from Total Fitness at about 11.50am. Fire engines attended from Wilmslow and Stockport.

Firefighters isolated the power to the server and removed the battery from the building using protective equipment.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "No readings showed on the fire service gas meter and no-one is believed to have been affected by the incident, which was in the server room."