A WOMAN was overcome by smoke in a kitchen fire at a house in Knutsford.

Firefighters were called to a property on Holford Crescent shortly after 8pm last night.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

A large fan was then used to ventilate the property.

One woman received precautionary checks from paramedics for smoke inhalation.

READ > Vacant Brook Street Club earmarked for yoga and wellness studio

Crews were at the scene for two hours and 20 minutes.