FIREFIGHTERS were called to a property in Alderley Edge after the homeowner spotted water pouring through the light fittings in her home.

One fire engine from Wilmslow fire station attended the property on Knutsford Road at approximately 8.50pm yesterday evening, Saturday.

On arrival, the crew discovered that the water was leaking from the first floor.

Firefighters isolated the electrics to prevent any risk of fire and shut off the water.

Advice was also given to homeowner not to turn anything back on until a qualified electrician had deemed it safe to do so.