FIREFIGHTERS called to a kitchen fire were forced to run 70 metres to the house carrying hoses after parked cars blocked the road.

At about 11.45am today, Wednesday, three fire engines were sent from Wilmslow, Poynton and Offerton to tackle the fire on Clough Avenue, Wilmslow.

Before arriving at the house the fire engines found their path obstructed by cars parked on the side of the road.

After crews had run the remaining 70 metres to the house they discovered a small fire in the kitchen caused by cooking food which had been left unattended.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the kitchen and removed the pan from the house.

They extinguished the fire with a hose reel jet and used a large fan to clear smoke from the house.

Knutsford Guardian:

The fire was contained to a saucepan

Firefighters also gave an occupier medical attention before handing them over to the care of paramedics.

The crews spent almost an hour dealing with the incident.

In a tweet sent afterwards, Wilmslow Fire Station said: “Think before you park.

“Charlie Watch were unable to reach the scene of a house fire this morning due to badly-parked vehicles.

“Firefighters had to dismount and run 70 metres with hoses to the property. Luckily the fire was contained to a cooking pan.”