AN electrical fault caused a fire at a house in Wilmslow.

Firefighters were called to Morley Green Road shortly after 4pm yesterday.

Crews discovered smoke coming from a light in the pantry area and that there was a small amount of charring on a wooden facia near to the light.

Firefighters isolated the electricity supply to the property and then used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hotspots.

The crew removed the charred facia and damped down the affected area.

Firefighters were at the scene for around 45 minutes.