A MAN suffered burns to his arms and hands at a house fire in Knutsford.

Firefighters were called to a terraced house on Overfields at around 7pm last night.

The fire involving a boiler was out on arrival but a man had suffered burns to his arms and hands as a result of the incident.

Firefighters administered first aid to the casualty before handing him over to the care of paramedics.

He was taken to Macclesfield Hospital.

Firefighters isolated the gas and electricity supply to the boiler and made sure that it was safe.

Crews were at the scene for almost an hour.