ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (STANLEY ROAD REGION E4) (TEMPORARY MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2019Notice ID: WAT1384051
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (STANLEY ROAD REGION E4) (TEMPORARY MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2019
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making and Order to enable footway works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner, the general effect of which would be, and only at such times, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) and restrict waiting and loading by vehicles (except works vehicles) in certain roads in Chingford E4.
2. Whilst the works are being carried out and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to:
(a) enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time in Cross Road E4
(b) wait or load for any purpose, at any time in Stanley Road E4
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force, access to Station Road from Garfield Road and Stanley Road will not be available via Cross Road.
4. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
5. Certain parking spaces in Stanley Road will be suspended to aid the flow of construction traffic. Vehicles will be banned from parking in these suspended parking spaces during the times where waiting and loading restrictions are provided in their place (vehicles disregarding these suspensions will be removed).
6. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
7. The Order would come into operation on 21st October 2019 for a maximum period of 3 weeks, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
'NOTE: The duration of these works are intended between 21st October 2019 and 25th October 2019 but the Order has been extended in case of aborted works due to bad weather or other unforeseen constraints. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works which would give more specific details on the exact dates and locations of the prohibitions, restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management A temporary pedestrian footway will be provided in Cross Road in the carriageway to maintain pedestrian safety, so this section of road must be closed to traffic due as the remaining carriageway width will be limited. The parking bay in Cross Road will need to be suspended for the duration of the works.
To facilitate deliveries and materials accessing the site safely, the parking bays down one side of Stanley Road will need to be suspended for a day or two to allow works to be completed. Residents will be notified with a letter which will specify which days these parking suspensions will be required.
Dated 3rd October 2019
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Neighbourhoods, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS