Send us news by text, start your message Knutsford News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Branden Drive blaze caused by electrical fault
A FIRE that ripped through a home in Branden Drive over the weekend was caused by an electrical fault.
Six fire engines battled the blaze after being called to the property at 11.16pm on September 6.
On arrival at this incident, two fire crews found a fire involving a large detached house.
A man in the house was treated by paramedics according to Cheshire Fire and Rescue.
Keith Brooks, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's Head of Community Fire Protection said: “This fire, which we believe was caused by an electrical fault, shows the devastating impact that a fire can have on someone’s home and life.
“Electrical fires are a major cause of fires in the home and so we would urge people to take care by checking appliances and wiring regularly, turn appliances off at night and avoid overloading plug sockets and extension leads.
“We would also remind everyone to have a working smoke alarm fitted in their homes – it could save your life.”
The fire crews, including two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, used two main jets and two hose reel jets, along with the aerial appliance to extinguish the fire.
Comments are closed on this article.