Send us news by text, start your message Knutsford News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Tabley businessmen left hanging on phone after cable problem
5:40pm Saturday 24th August 2013 in News
ANGRY Tabley businessmen have spoken of their frustration after damage to telephone cables left them with no service for three weeks.
Tabley farmer Tony Rye and Chris Bridge from Heyrose Golf Club have hit out at BT after the company delayed repairing the cables.
They both told Guardian that the loss of service has damaged their businesses but the telephone giant said it had started to repair the telephone line yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
Tony said he was frustrated it had taken so long to solve the problem.
“They have been extremely difficult giving me excuse after excuse. It turns out they just did what I told them to do in the very first place.
“It’s taken them three weeks to fix.
“Thankfully my business is back on track, though I am frustrated about the time taken to solve the issue.”
Chris Bridge from Heyrose Golf Club added the club had suffered as no-one had been able to book tee times.
“The network was down for two-and-a-half weeks, the whole area was out and they simply refused to do anything about it,” he said.
“They claimed that for health and safety reasons they couldn’t attend to the problem as it was a broken electric cable.
“I’ve visited the broken cable myself and it was a telephone cable that was the issue.
“Business has been affected as no one has been able to make bookings so we’ve suffered in that area.
“I travelled there on Thursday and there was a team of three vans attending to the cable.
They said it would be sorted in the next 10-30 minutes and when I got back things were up and running again.”
A spokesman from BT said the work needed a ‘traffic management system’ being put in place, hence the delay.
“The two gentlemen had both experienced loss of service due to a faulty overhead cable,” she said.
“The repair requires 60m of new overhead cable and a new telegraph pole.
“Unfortunately to do the work we require traffic management which is schedueled to start today (Tuesday, August 20).
“The good news is after several attempts engineers managed to give a temporary service to the effected customers so they now have service which will remain in place untill the replacement is complete.
“Customers should contact their service provider to discuss compensation in line with their individual service agreements.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this loss of service.”
Comments are closed on this article.