Send us news by text, start your message Knutsford News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Chimney blaze in Cranage
1:10pm Sunday 3rd March 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a chimney fire on Knutsford Road, Cranage, at 9.14pm last week.
Crews removed burnt material from the hearth and used a thermal imaging camera to check hot spots in the chimney.
Firefighters pitched a ladder and roof ladder to enable them to tackle the fire from above.
Crews were called to a kitchen fire in a detached house in Arran Close, Holmes Chapel on Valentine’s Day.
On arrival at 10.17pm firefighters found the fire in the ground floor.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and a covering water jet to extinguish the fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.