Send us news by text, start your message Knutsford News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Firefighters called after Cranage chimney fire
3:56pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a report of a chimney fire on Knutsford Road, Cranage on Monday evening.
The crew arrived at 9.14pm and found a small fire in the chimney stack.
Crews set about removing burnt material from the hearth and used a thermal imaging camera to check where hot spots were in the chimney.
Rods were then used but these were unable to reach the affected part of the chimney due to internal structure.
Firefighters pitched a ladder and roof ladder to enable them to attack the fire from above.
They then continued to monitor the chimney stack to ensure there were no further hot spots and a full inspection of the neighbouring property was undertaken.