A SUPERMARKET delivery driver carried an elderly resident out of her home after noticing her front room was on fire. 

On Thursday, December 27, at 1.09pm, one fire engine from Northwich and one from Knutsford attended a house in Northfields.

Once in attendance two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to extinguish the fire which was caused by a candle which had ignited dried flowers.

The electrics were isolated at the premises and smoke alarms were fitted and activated.

An elderly female resident was treated at the scene for slight smoke inhalation after being carried out of the house by an ASDA supermarket delivery driver, who saw the flames while carrying out a delivery nearby.

The ambulance service was also in attendance and the fire and rescue crews conducted a Home Safety Assessment at the property.

Do you know the woman who was rescued by the delivery driver? If so, contact the newsdesk at james.wilson@guardiangrp.co.uk or call 01606 813617.



FIREFIGHTERS from Knutsford put out a chimney fire in Plumley on December 28.

The call was made at 6.42pm and the fire was extinguished using one hose and a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots of fire.



A CAR caught fire in Cranford Avenue on Sunday evening.

An engine from Knutsford was called to the scene at 5.19pm, where they found a saloon car was alight.

One hose reel was used to extinguish the fire.