Send us news by text, start your message Knutsford News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Congleton (House of Commons)
Ms Fiona Bruce MP (Conservative)
Surgery Tel: 01260 274044
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 7,063 Born - 19. Married, 2 sons.
Education - Qualified Solicitor (1981).
Previous Occupation - Solicitor (Fiona Bruce & Co. LLP).
Personal Overview - Inherited this seat from Anne Winterton in 2010 after being selected from an 'Open Primary' of potential conservative candidates by the public as well as party members. She has run a successful local Solicitors that she set up herself, employing up to 30 staff on cases around the north west of England. She specialises in Practice Management with a legal specialism in Wills and Probate along with Inheritance Tax Planning. She is likely to have gained some experience dealing with the political world as a Press and Parliamentary Officer for the Warrington Law Society. She has also been active in community based projects, co-founding an innovative high street shop Advice Centre in Widnes to assist local people with issues such as debt, drug abuse and teenage pregnancy. She founded a Free Legal Advice Clinic over 15 years ago, helped to co-ordinate aid shipments to Romania for several years and assisted in establishing a primary school in Tanzania.
Political History - Former Councillor, Warrington BC (2004-2010), Cabinet member for Finance and Value for Money. General Election candidate for Warrington South (2005). MP Congleton (2010-). Member of the Scottish Affairs Select Committee (2010-13). Member of the International Development Select Committee (2012-).
Characteristics - Has been a member of the Warrington Law Society and the National Committee of the Lawyer's Christian Fellowship. Has also been a school governor. Achievements include having been the UK Winner of the Small Business Bureaus Businesswoman of the Year Award, as well as being voted SHE Magazines Most Inspiring Businesswoman!. Co-authored the book 'There is Such a Thing as Society', published September 2002. She and her husband also own a flock of pedigree Suffolk Sheep. Her older son has had a Jazz band.
Business Tel: 020 7219 7042
Interests: Law & Order,Health
- International Development Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Alcohol Misuse (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Arch Cru Investment Scheme (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Brass Bands (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Friends of CAFOD (Catholic Agency for Overseas Development) Group (Member)
- Christians in Parliament Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Cleaning and Hygiene Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Connecting Communities (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Anti-Corruption (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Debt and Personal Finance (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dying Well (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Faith and Society (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Education for Young People (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hospice and Palliative Care (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Local Democracy (Deputy Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Combating Metal Theft (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Micro Businesses (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Poverty (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Pro-Life Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Religious Education (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Small Shops Group (Member)
- Skills and Employment (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Stem Cell Transplantation (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Waterways (Treasurer)
- British-Mozambique Group (Member)
- North Korea Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Tanzania (Member)
North West (European Parliament)
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 1977. Married.
Education - Savio High School. Hugh Baird College. North Lincolnshire College (HND Sport Science) Edge Hill University BA (Hons) History. Liverpool Hope University, MA History. City and Guilds 7307 Teaching Qualification. Certificate in Education. Liverpool Hope University, PhD History (Pending).
Previous Occupation - History Lecturer at Hugh Baird College (2002-06). Lecturer in History at Liverpool Hope University (2003-06). European Parliamentary Assistant and Political Advisor to John Whittaker MEP (2006-08).
Personal Overview - Effectively replaced former UKIP MEP John Whittaker at the 2009 European Elections who he had worked for as an assistant at the Parliament for several years. Has an academic background as a lecturer in the Merseyside area. Politically, he has achieved relatively rapid promotion within the party in recent years, becoming Party Chairman in 2008. In terms of European politics, he has gained experience through his work for John Whittaker MEP, he has also acted as a political consultant to Godfrey Bloom MEP and has been Editor of the Bulletin from Brussels Magazine. As well as opposing Britain's membership of the European Union, his political interests include campaigning against political correctness as well as campaigning to save post offices and British pubs.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2004). General Election candidate for Bootle (2005). Candidate for Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council (2006,07,08). Chairman of South Sefton UKIP Branch (2005-2006). Secretary of Young Independence (2008-). Political Consultant to Godfrey
Bloom MEP (2008-09). Chairman of UKIP (2008-). MEP North West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2009-). Substitute member of the Committee on Culture and Education (2009-11).
Other Information - Member of the Executive Council of the United Commonwealth Society (2007-). Member of the Campaign Against Political Correctness (2006-). Member of the Freedom Association.
Intergroups - N/a.
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence) on Twitter
Knutsford Guardian has no responsibility or control over the content on external blogging sites, but you can contact us if you have a complaint.
Interests: Saving Post Offices from closure,Campaigning against Political Correctness
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com